Building on OS X
The current goals of a releasable build for OS X are to:
- Mimic TC's 7.1a release (including its system requirements, OS X 10.4 and later)
- Build on a system that's offline
If you want a build for personal usage feel free to use newer versions of OS X, Xcode, and OSXFUSE. Note that this will change the minimal system requirements and as such these builds are not suitable for official releases.
Building is done with OS X Server 10.5 (Leopard). In this particular case Parallels Desktop for Mac is used for virtualisation (starting with OS X Server 10.5 the EULA allows virtualisation on Apple-labelled hardware). While network access is not needed a (virtual) network card is required. The network card does not have to be connected. If no network card is present setup appears to be unable to get past the "Validating Serial Number" step.
OS X Server 10.5
- During "Server Configuration" (first restart after installation) choose "Advanced". This is the only option that doesn't require network access
- Available from Apple Developer Connection with a paid account (leopard_9a581_serverdvd.dmg)
- Xcode 3.1.4 is the last Xcode version that officially works with 10.5
- Available from Apple Developer Connection with a free account (xcode314_2809_developerdvd.dmg)
Building is done with the deprecated MacFUSE, ensuring compatibility with pre-10.6 systems while still also allowing run-time usage of MacFuse's successor OSXFUSE on newer systems
Direct download link: https://macfuse.googlecode.com/files/MacFUSE-2.0.3%2C2.dmg
- Extract wxMac-2.8.12.tar.gz to ~/dev/ (resulting in ~/dev/wxMac-2.8.12 )
- Extract nasm-2.11.05-macosx.zip and copy its "nasm" file to /usr/bin/ (overwriting the old version that's already there)
Building the Application
If this pull request hasn't been applied yet use as repository:
and checkout the "macfuse" branch.
Otherwise use the official repository:
Transfer the CipherShed directory to the build system, copying it to ~/dev .
First build the wxWidgets library:
make wxbuild WX_ROOT=~/dev/wxMac-2.8.12
Then the application:
make WXSTATIC=1 NOPKGCONFIG=1
When done you can find the application in Main/ as CipherShed.app .